Share in our impact & strengthen our community through the love of animals!
How: Complete an application online and then sign up for an orientation session! The application can be found above; click the orange button that says “Volunteer Application.”
Give staff time to review your application and then we will reach out to you as soon as possible with more info on volunteering and Orientation Session dates.
Here are some of the ways you can help after you become a volunteer:
- Walking dogs
- Socializing with cats
- Daily feeding/cleaning
- Litterbox changing
- Washing dishes, laundry and/or cleaning facility
- Taking picture/videos and writing bios for animals
- Transport of animals
- Above all, you must approach animals in our care with kindness and respect.
- You need to complete a volunteer application (it’s easy) and sign a waiver of liability.
- You must be willing to comply with all rules outlined by staff whether in writing or verbally.
- Volunteers aged 16-17 may volunteer without a parent or legal guardian if a waiver is signed by a legal guardian.
- Volunteers aged 12-15 are welcome to volunteer when accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or approved adult supervisor.
- For the safety of all, we cannot accommodate volunteers under the age of 12 in our facility. We encourage young kids to help the animals in creative ways off sit – e.g. making bandanas that say adopt me, fundraising, creating toys for the pets in our care, etc.